Below, you will find step by step instructions on how to make a Christmas wreath.
- Experience Required: Low
- Tools Required: Hot Glue Gun, Scissors
- Materials Required: 9 Meters of 10mm Jute Rope, 1,5m wire, 1m Jute Burlap, Clear Tape (or any kind of tape), Decorated Garland, Pinecones (optional)
STEP 1) Measure Out the Rope
- Measure out 3 x 3 m pieces of rope.
- Fold each one in half and lay them down next to each other.
- You should have 3 sections with 2 strands now.
STEP 2) Braid the Ropes
- Secure the strands to the work surface with clear tape.
- Start braiding by taking the left section over the middle section.
- Then take the right section and cross over the new middle section.
STEP 3) Secure the Ends Together
- After you finish braiding the rope, secure the ends with a hot glue gun.
- We will hide this section with ornaments later.
STEP 4) Make Wire Circles
- Take the piece of wire and form a circle. To make it sturdier, double it
STEP 5) Glue the Wreath to the Circle
- Glue the back of the rope wreath (choose the less aesthetic side) to the wire circle in multiple points.
STEP 6) Cut the Garland to Small Pieces
- Take your garland and cut it into little pieces. It is best to have pieces with different length.
STEP 7) Glue Longer Pieces to the Wreath
- Take the longer pieces and glue them to the wreath where the ends meet.
STEP 8) Glue the Smaller Pieces
- Glue the smaller pieces to the longer pieces. Arrange them to your liking.
STEP 9) Fold the Burlap
- Take the burlap and fold it 3 times around itself using your hand.
STEP 10) Finish the Bow
- Tie the bow in the middle using a small piece of wire, then divide the layers and fluff the bow.
STEP 11) Glue the Bow to the Wreath
- Glue the bow to the middle of the wreath and conceal the wire by attaching a small pinecone to it with the hot glue gun.
STEP 12) Hang Up the Christmas Wreath
- After the glue dried, your wreath is ready to hang on your door.