Cookies & Privacy
Last updated August 2021
WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE AND NEVER EVER SEND SPAM OR SELL DATA
- BETTER EXPERIENCE: we will only ever use your data to improve your experience on our website
- SAFE HANDS: we look after your data like its our mums data and we love our mum
- NEVER STORE YOUR £££ INFORMATION; we never store financial data
- NO SPAM: we never ever send spam emails
We collect the following personal information when you purchase from us or sign up for an account, as follows
- Billing Address
- Shipping address
- Telephone number
WHY WE COLLECT?
- We need this data in order to get your purchases sent to you
- To send you emails and texts keeping you informed of the progress of your order
- So we can email you regarding your account or order
- So we can phone you regarding your account or order
- Respond to product and customer service requests
- To keep you informed of any changes to our Terms and Conditions
- To ensure you are kept updated about the discount levels you have accumulated (for returning customers)
- To let you know when items are back in stock when you have requested a stock update
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site
Browsing and Contact History Data
The following information is collected in order to help us improve our service to you
- IP address
- Browser type,
- Your operating system
- Your access times
- The pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
- The amount of time you spend on the Site
- How many time you have visited the Site
- When you visited the Site
WHY WE COLLECT?
- To provide the best possible service we can to you
- To help you get to the products you want faster
- Identify you when you visit our site so we can give you the best possible shopping experience
- Set your preferred default experience such as currency and language settings
- Show you the Site adverts as you browse the internet
- Monitor visitors to our site and analyse their behaviour
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties such as Google Analytics, reCAPTCHA and Hot Jar
We do not store financial data with the exception of your billing address and a record of your transactions with us.
WHY WE COLLECT?
- To take payment for your orders
- To give refunds or partial refunds
- We need to know what is being paid for so we can pay the Tax man the right amount at the end of the year
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity
If you sign into the Site using Facebook we will collect your basic account information, including
- Current city
- Profile picture URL
- Information that you choose to make public
For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
WHY WE COLLECT?
- To make it easier and quicker for you to sign into the Site
- To make it easier and quicker to purchase products from our Site
- To make it easier and quicker for you to comment on the Site
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
We collect personal data that you have provided when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys. This can include
- Company you work for
- Profile picture URL from Facebook or Gravatar
WHY WE COLLECT?
- So that we can send prizes to you that you may have won
- So that we can email you relating to prizes you may have won
- So that we can better understand if you are happy or unhappy about the service we offer
We will only ever send your marketing message on our website or via email if you have opted in.
You can stop marketing messages by
- Emails: click ‘Unsubsrcibe’ in any marketing email
- Contact Us: you can contact our team on the details at the bottom of this page and we will remove you from any marketing messages that you wish. It will take us 24-48 hours during a working week to complete this for you
Please note that opting out of marketing messages will not stop service communications, such as order updates, or where you have asked for a specific ‘back in stock’ notification.
We advertise online to keep our customers aware of products that they might be interested in. To do this we use a range of advertising networks such as Google Adwords that help us to reach you on social media and third party websites
The adverts are usually in the form of a banner (image or text) which are shown to you based on the information we hold about you. This includes your search history of the last product that you purchased from the Site
For more information see the ‘Cookies’ section of this policy
We will hold your data as long as you continue to be a customer and as long as it is our legal requirement.
If you would like us to remove your data contact using the contact details at the bottom of this policy
In most cases we have a legal requirement to store the very basic data so we can meet our legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions.
We have taken every reasonable step to secure your personal information. However, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. No method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception or misuse. Unfortunately, this means, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
You have the following rights
- The right to send a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- The right to stop marketing emails which you can do by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ on any of our marketing emails
- The right to tell us to delete your data and stop collecting and processing it in most circumstances
- The right to tell us to correct inaccurate personal data that we hold
- The right to access the data we hold about you
- The right to ask how your data is being used (like this page)
- The right to ask us to help you understand all computer based decisions about you
- The right to ask for a transfer of your data to you
If you have a complaint or you wish to exercise one of your rights above then please get in touch and we will respond within 30 days
Our contact details appear at the and of this policy
We do not knowingly market to children under the age of 16. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
11-15 Barlow Road
0330 124 3556