Buy Rope will give away 100% of our profits made on Tuesday 13th of July for Cow Appreciation Day 2021.
If you are an animal rescue centre or charity supporting the welfare of cows and you are in need of additional funds please follow the steps on how to apply mentioned at the bottom of this blog.
You can read more about our monthly donations here.
What is Cow Appreciation Day?
Cow Appreciation Day is an event occurring annually on the second Tuesday of July. Starting from 2004, it has become a yearly tradition that people dress up as cows to mark this occasion. However, the campaign grew to support the welfare of cows and to encourage people to appreciate them and the dairy products they offer.
Facts About Cows
- According to PETA, cows have wildly diverse personalities: some are adventurous and friendly, while others can be timid or devious. They are also capable of forming friendships, as well as holding grudges against those who wronged them.
- A study conducted by Newcastle University has found that cows who are given a name and receive personal attention produce more milk – the happier the cow, the more milk they give.
- Cows in the dairy industry are often treated cruelly, often subject to poor nutrition, forced overproduction of milk and restrictive confinement, as suggested by The Humane Society.
What we are doing to help
100% of the profits made by Buy Rope on the 13th of July will be donated to an animal rescue centre or charity supporting the wellbeing and safety of cows.
Are you an organisation supporting the wellbeing of cows?
If you are an animal rescue centre or charity supporting cows, we would love to hear from you. The application is open to any UK charity.
Please follow these steps to apply for the funds:
- Go to our Facebook page
- Find our post about this event
- Share the post publicly
- Collect as many likes as you can on your shared post until the 13th of July.
The donation will be sent to the organisation who gets the most likes on Facebook until the 13th of July! We will announce the results on the 14th of July.
Thanks to our customers we raised £85 for Goodheart Animal Sanctuaries.
Buy Rope’s kind donation from your Cow Appreciation day will go toward caring for our rescued residents such as the lovely Rufus the cow featured in the attached document.
– Jodie Thomson (Fundraising Manager)
Rufus the Cow
In early 2020 when the UK was in lockdown, Rufus was living in a field in the centre of Cambridge as part of a cattle herd being reared for beef. Every day, a boy named Ashwin would journey through the field on his daily walk and Rufus would approach him and say hello. They became friends.
As more time passed, Ashwin couldn’t bear the thought that Rufus wouldn’t get to see another summer, so together with us here at Goodheart, Rufus was safely transported to our sanctuary. Rufus has settled in very well to our herd of cows and formed a particularly strong bond with one of our oldest cows, Blondie.
Other ways to help their work
There are lots of ways readers can support Goodheart and their work –
- a popular way is to adopt one of their lovely rescued residents
- or sign up to become a Hearts of Gold Member