Buy Rope will give away 100% of our profits made on Tuesday 8th of August for International Cat Day.
If you are a cat rescue centre or charity supporting the welfare of felines and you are in need of additional funds please follow the steps on how to apply mentioned at the bottom of this blog.
You can read more about our monthly donations here.
What is International Cat Day?
Most cat owners would probably argue that every day should be International Cat Day – however, we celebrate this day on the 8th of August every year. It was first launched by the International Fund for Animal Welfare and has been promoted by several animal welfare charities throughout the world. The aim of this day is to show appreciation to one of humanity’s most ancient and beloved companion animals and to raise awareness of the ever growing number of cats in need of an adoptive family.
Why should we celebrate cats?
- According to Help Guide, there is scientific evidence proving that a cat’s purr has a calming effect on your nervous system and can reduce blood pressure.
- Purina presents findings that show that cats are most likely a lot more intelligent than we think – in fact, they are so smart that they don’t see the point in participating in various experiments, deeming them useless.
- Although cat allergies are common, having a cat can actually help prevent allergies – according to Good Net, if your children grow up around cats, they are less likely to develop allergies growing up.
What we are doing to help
100% of the profits made by Buy Rope on the 8th of August will be donated to a cat rescue centre or charity supporting the wellbeing and safety of cats.
Are you a cat rescue centre?
If you are a cat rescue centre or charity supporting cats, we would love to hear from you. The application is open to any UK charity.
Please follow these steps to apply for the funds:
- Go to our Facebook page
- Find our post about this event
- Share the post publicly
- Collect as many likes as you can on your shared post until the 8th of August.
The donation will be sent to the organisation who gets the most likes on Facebook until the 8th of August. We will announce the results on the 10th of August.
Thanks to our customers we raised £115 for Hector’s House Rescue.
Hector’s House is a Devon-based cat rescue centre, committed to rescuing, neutering and rehabilitating abandoned and stray tom cats. Hector’s House is formed of volunteers who have experience working with cat rescues but have a passion for the strays. They ensure all cats receive a health check, neuter and further treatment if necessary at local veterinary practices. This is all funded through charitable donations.
Some stray cats need some time to adjust to humans and learn to trust them again. Hector’s House has pens where cats can have their own space to feel comfortable. When these cats are rehabilitated, happy and healthy, the dedicated team of volunteers search to find their forever homes.
Comment from Hector’s House
Thank you so much for choosing us! Being a fully volunteer-based charity, you can be assured that every penny is spent on the cats in our care. The money will be used to neuter, microchip, flea, worm and feed one feral kitten. – Zara Oldfield (Founder)
Other ways to help their work:
- You can read about the ways to support their work on their website.
- If you want to foster a kitten, you can check the requirements and apply.