Buy Rope will give away 100% of our profits made on Thursday 31st March for National Craft Month to a charity promoting crafting activities.
If you are a charity or not for profit organisation promoting crafting activities and you are in need of additional funds please follow the steps on how to apply mentioned at the bottom of this blog.
You can read more about our monthly donations here.
What is National Craft Month?
National Craft Month was created in 1994 by the Craft and Hobby Association. The aim of the event is encouraging people to take part in crafting activities, workshops and classes. It also focuses on raising awareness of supporting crafting businesses and organisations. The event helps people rediscover their passion for handmade crafts and find new hobbies.
Why is crafting beneficial?
- According to Crafts Council, crafting is extremely beneficial for your mental wellbeing – it helps reduce anxiety, improves your mood and lowers stress.
- Crafting can help slow down ageing – studies by NIH show that cognitive training can help speed up the brain’s processing and postpone symptoms of ageing.
- Crafting also has social benefits – community groups often offer crafting activities and these can help people find new connections through shared hobbies and experiences, as reported by the Health and Social Care Secretary.
What we are doing to help
100% of the profits made by Buy Rope on the 31st March will be donated to charity promoting crafting activities.
Are you a charity promoting crafting activities?
If you are a charity or not for profit organisation promoting crafts, we would love to hear from you. The application is open to any UK charity.
Please follow these steps to apply for the funds:
- Go to our Facebook page
- Find our post about this event
- Share the post publicly
- Collect as many likes as you can on your shared post until the 31st of March.
The donation will be sent to the organisation who gets the most likes on Facebook until the 31st of March. We will announce the results on the 4th of April.